Saturday, August 13, 2011

3 In 1

Simply means I saw three of them in one day!

The first one was spotted by a lady on my boat. She has sharp eyes!
A Reticulated Python (Python Reticulatus)

What were the rest?


A lucky spot by me...
Mangrove Pit viper (Trimeresurus purpureomaculatus)

...and the last one before the day ended. I was driving along Datai Road in the dark and my car almost ran over it while it was crossing the road. I stopped my car, ran towards it to check and it slithered into the undergrowth. I quickly ran back to my car to grab my camera and only managed to capture this.

Can you see its tail? I suspect it was a Elapidae, very likely a King Cobra (checked my Snake book shortly after)

People have asked me if there are any snakes in Langkawi. Well, I have seen three different ones in one day. What a lovely snaky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...