Sunday, September 13, 2009

Question that A Layman Asks

It was one of those dreadful mornings when I had to attend this sort of irrelevant morning briefings. One of the issues brought up was the cleanliness of the resort's beach. As usual, normal garbage and lots of logs.

So, this boss asked me loudly, "So, where those logs came from?" All eyes turned to me.

As this is just being me, I can be plain blunt and direct, so I replied, "Trees". Everyone burst into laughter. I heard the boss mumbled, "... a stupid answer for a stupid question..." . Yup, who is being silly here. If a person would realise that rubbish on the beach will eventually return to the sea at high tide and float to another beach. Then such person would not have asked such question. How will I know where the logs would come from when they are not tagged and monitored by a GPS? They obviously came from tress. There are trees on the limestone hills and next to the hills will be the sea.

I didn't mean to tease him. Well, a straight forward answer for a straight forward question. Point blank. I knew he didn't like it. There goes my bonus this year.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    It's Meun here. I like your answer. Brilliant! wish to see the face expression. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...